Thursday, February 28, 2008

CardMaking



I love computers. And I hate them too. Their possibilities are endless as most people know. Creatively, they are wonderful. And I find that sitting at work all day, even though I'm on the computer, that is when I hate it. And it's not that I'm not having fun, it is just a different atmosphere. Yet even if I pull up paintbrush, and doodle there it seems to help.

So, even though my computer at home has a different feel to it all together, most days the last thing I want to look at is the "that computer." One exception though...is the Sims 2. And I think I've narrowed the reason down to the simple fact that the game hides every normal aspect of the computer you generally see. I mean, the time is not even displayed. So I think it helps.

Anyway, it all comes down to the fact that I am simply happy to not even hear my computer running, and to sit at my table, and make cards. Or scrapbook. And getting the time to even do that is very few and far between. And I'll look back at my day and ask myself...why was I so busy? And I can't even answer it. Things just seem to mesh together in a blur after you've had a long day.

Well, that's all for tonight. Now I'm going to see if I can write some kind of poem for the birthday card I just made.

Goodnight all!

Wolverina's Challenge of the Blogg: Take a picture of something that represents something you love to do, and don't have the time you want to spend doing it, and post it on a blogg. (And let's keep it PG people...) Do that and I'll comment on your page....although you have to comment on mine so I know to look at yours.

PS. If you wonder why I keep putting 2 g's in blogg...well just keep wondering for now.

5 comments:

b said...

you ever heard of the "cricut"?

Anonymous said...

AHHH Lani where does all your time go!?! You never know. I will start a blog soon and you can comment. I want to see a picture of the finished birthday card! Whose birthday? Anyway scrap away my friend! Love ya!
Angel

The Wolverina /// said...

Erin Road - what kind of scrapbooker would I be if I haven't heard of the Cricut?!?!? :) That's like asking me if I know who Spider-Man's true identity is!!! :) Yes I do, and I am trying to save up money to invest in it. It is a truly the master tool of the trade! Thanks for commenting! :)

The Wolverina /// said...

Angel,

The card was a Birthday card for my boss - and I will post the finished project if I can find the picture...I was so caught up in the table mess I'd made, didn't really take a good one other than the one on my cell phone, which is blurry. So I'll post that soon for you! :) Thanks for commenting!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Lani!!! You've become an expert card maker! Great job!! The last thing I stamped was Valentine cards for the kids. I'm so busy with work. By the time I get home I have to cook and do laundry. Hardly any time to stamp :(