Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Confessions of a Wolverina




Okay, I have been listening to Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series for a few years now. Granted I only completed the series recently thanks to iTunes having the books to download. I love to listen to them, in fact, it's hard to read them since I've listened to them. All of them.






Confessions of a Shopaholic
Shopaholic takes Manhattan
Shopaholic ties the Knot
Shopaholic and Sister
Shopaholic and Baby



Then, I hear: their making a Shopaholic movie! YAY! Or...so I thought.


After viewing the trailer I started to get worried.


1. It's obvious she's NOT British

2. Luke know's "prada" (WTF???)
3. She slaps a Fin-ish guy

4. Since she's not British as it seems, maybe it's mixing the first two books and she's in New York?
5. And if that's the case...where's Morning Coffee???
6. Writing about shoes?? How about the awesome article she did for the Daily World?

7. Does she work with Luke now too???



So finally I go on the site, and lo and behold, what I expect: two books in one movie. Not only that, but the synopsis does not give me hope. Nor does the cast. I mean, Michael is not even listed. And who in the world is Alette Naylor and Edgar West? Where is Janet and Martin? I understaned it can't be exact! But at least the producers and writers etc of Twilight kept mostly to the book! This isn't based on Confessions of a Shopaholic and Shopaholic Takes Manhattan! IT should say BASED ON THE IDEA FROM CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC AND SHOPAHOLIC TAKES MANHATTAN.






Okay okay, slow down Lani....you haven't even SEEN the movie yet.....



Maybe I'm being a leetle too harsh...


Okay, if I ultimately decide to see it, cause of right now I'm still skeptical. IF I see it, I'll let you know if my guesses are correct and I will remove the "new" wallpaper I created for this movie.

I REALLY wanted to like this movie, really I do! Now I'm just disappointed already.

The top picture is the "preview" the full wallpaper is here:



No comments: