Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And the ground was a shakin'!

So I'm finishing up eating a DELICIOUS DINNER, at my scrapbook table while watching SuperNanny, only cause I don't want to get up yet and put in a DVD. When all of a sudden the ground jerks and shakes a bit, long enough for me to jump up and RUN to the door frame, grabbing my dog, (who has NO idea what is going on) and sit on the floor practically hyperventilating - for it to be a little 3.1 earthquake centered northwest of Newport Beach. What can I say? Earthquakes freak me out, no matter the magnitude.

So I called my Grandpa to see if they felt anything and they didn't. Then the news came on telling us where and how big it was so I knew then why no one else felt it. So, I sat in the floor under the door frame, talking to Grandpa for about 15 minutes.

It's just a weird feeling, as those of you know who've been in any earthquake, that the ground which is all the time so solid and secure, to move underneath you. And who knows if a door frame would really save you from a house falling in that has a tile roof. But I'd rather stay there then under nothing. My scrapbook table wouldn't hold up to me laying on it let alone a roof!

Oh well. Not much news to report except for the puny quake. I haven't yet updated my Sims stories, but I will. Possibly tonight. I'm creating a separate page for the Sims so it won't be in with me rambling about myself.

So what is your say on earthquakes?

Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there a bit scary . haven't had a good shake in a while to jolt bones .

Anonymous said...

WOW an earthquake?? SCARY!! I KNOW I would wet my pants and totally freak out! Runn around screaming "it's the end of the world." hehehehe!! :) Glad that all is ok now.

Mia said...

you kill me. i can picture it now. you getting up running to the doorway but not forgetting coco on the way! hey you hate earthquakes lea hates thunderstorms.